RE: Does follow-your-nose apply in the enterprise? was: RDF for molecules, using InChI

> From: Michel_Dumontier [mailto:Michel_Dumontier@carleton.ca]
>
> > From: David Booth
> > [ . . . ]
> > Can you explain specific cases in which you see usefully
> > dereferenceable URIs as NOT being so convenient for the discoverer?
>
> Sure, when the URI refers to a resource for which information about it
> exists at multiple (URL/data store/web service) locations.

I don't understand what you mean.  Surely, a follow-your-nose document
could point readers to those "multiple (URL/data store/web service)
locations".  Such information is not guaranteed to be useful, but I
don't see how it can be less useful than serving *no* information,
except perhaps in the corner case where it is actually misleading.

Also, do you mean the *declaration* of that URI (as defined in
http://dbooth.org/2007/uri-decl/ ) , or do you mean other information
about the URI's resource?

David Booth, Ph.D.
HP Software
+1 617 629 8881 office  |  dbooth@hp.com
http://www.hp.com/go/software

Opinions expressed herein are those of the author and do not represent
the official views of HP unless explicitly stated otherwise.