Re: HCLS Demo at ISMB/ECCB, How to contribute to the demo?

On Aug 17, 2007, at 6:54 PM, Marco Brandizi wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> sorry for late reply. I've been a bit busy.
>
> thank you for the interesting replies. The Nigam tutorial, it is a
> really good introduction to the world of BioOntologies.
>
> In addition to that topics, I'd like to understand some further
> details
> about the demo, and about how to put hands in it. For instance:
>
> - How to expose RDF data to the demo? Via Joseki?

We use Virtuoso, an open source triple store that is integrated into
a relational database engine.
http://virtuoso.openlinksw.com/wiki/main/

> - Does the demo consist of code that have to be downloaded, changed
> and
> run on my own server? Do I have to proceed like that if I want to
> extend
> it with my own RDF data?

You may download and install the software and data if you wish.
Instructions are on the way but at the moment you would have to email
me to get instructions on where to get the data an upload it.

If you want to extend the demo with your own data there are several
1) Generate the RDF in one of the standard formats and we can load it
up in to the running demo
2) Set up a SPARQL endpoint of your own (using any technology) and do
queries that select from multiple graphs, one from the neurocommons
data store, and one from your SPARQL endpoint.
3) Create a mirror of the demo and then add your own data.

The easiest way is 1), so that's what I'd recommend - it will let you
focus just on generating RDF for the moment.

> I guess some of the above questions may be answered by screening
> better
> the Wiki and the mailing list. Help welcome anyway!

Hope this helps.
best,
Alan