W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org > August 2007

Re: HCLS meeting record 2 Aug 2007

From: Eric Prud'hommeaux <eric@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 12:25:23 -0400
To: public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org
Message-ID: <20070808162523.GB6847@w3.org>
updated http://www.w3.org/2007/08/02-hcls-minutes with some edits Helen
had made and that I had lost in my immense mail box.
  http://www.w3.org/2007/08/02-hcls-minutes
________________________________________________________________________

   [1]W3C

                                      HCLS

2 Aug 2007

   See also: [2]IRC log

Attendees

   Present
          Eric_Neumann, Chimezie, Susie, Helen_Chen, mscottm, EricP,
          Don_Doherty, Vipul_Kashyap

   Regrets
   Chair
          Eric_Neumann

   Scribe
          Helen1

Contents

     * [3]Topics
     * [4]Summary of Action Items
     __________________________________________________________________


   <eneumann> ACTION: chimezie to scribe 9 August [recorded in
   [5]http://www.w3.org/2007/08/02-hcls-minutes.html#action01]

   <EricN> charter extended to Dec. 31

   EricN: AC granted extension of HCLS chater to dec. 31
   ... F2F proposed to be in Nov or early Dec.

   suggested to be close to W3C technical plannary meeting around Dec. 19

   <EricN> will have discussion online to get most people to attend F2F

   F2F will be hosted by Cleveland clinic group

   <EricN> Gwen says the hotel range around US$145

   <EricN> in the next two weeks, should be reach the decision on F2F
   location and date

   Susie, can also have discussion URI at the same time

   <EricN> will send message to get concensus

   <mscottm> note of interest: cleveland clinic recently made headlines:
   revived brain activity with 'deep brain' stimulation, of course already
   known by most I suppose

   ideally should be a location outside Boston.

   <EricN> give a brief on ISMB conference, very well received, and lots
   of interests in SW

   <mscottm> Helen: the W3C technical plenary is 5 - 10 November

   <EricN> expected to have a massive amount of bio data in uri for use
   next year

   unipot, biopax, and Laryy Hunter mentioned datamining work done with
   large corpus of bio data, willing to have URIs

   EricJ asked for working with the group to generate uri now.

   <susie:> update status of uri work

   <EricP:> need to work with the existing LSID work,

   <dbooth> Hi, URI discussion is over for today?

   helen: [to dbooth] there is a seperate group to discuss details of uri

   <mscottm> answering dbooth: yes URI discussion is over for today.

   check with Susie for the uri discussion tcon or F2F in boston

   <dbooth> ok, thanks!

   <Vipul> BIONT-DSE proposal,

   <vipul> [6]http://esw.w3.org/topic/HCLS/OntologyTaskForce/BIONTDSEDCM

   <ericP> participants of a IG/WG group needs to follow W3C process
   (signing IP agreement, etc)

   <eneumann> EricP, what do you specifically mean by folks need to
   'enlist' to the HCLS group?

   <Chimizie> given the short time before HCLS charter expiry date, what
   is the expected outcome of this group?

   <Vipul> will discuss at the first meeting, defining the scope

   <Vipul> get someone from GE interested in the work,

   <ericP> need to make clear if someone want to formerly engaged in the
   group, then the process need to be followed, but don't mind the open
   discussion on how to get ehealth group interested.

   GE is currently not a member of W3c

   hl7 is a member, and GE is a member of HL7,

   does it make GE a member of W3C?

   there is a questionair to get concensus on the task during the extended
   period

   EricP will put the link to the mailing list

   <ericP> [7]HCLS2 charter questionnaire

   <mscottm> gotta run - bye. EricP - sent you email about URI
   conversation.

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: chimezie for scribing next time [recorded in
   [8]http://www.w3.org/2007/08/02-hcls-minutes.html#action01]

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [9]scribe.perl version 1.128
    ([10]CVS log)
    $Date: 2007/08/08 16:18:49 $

References

   1. http://www.w3.org/
   2. http://www.w3.org/2007/08/02-hcls-irc
   3. http://www.w3.org/2007/08/02-hcls-minutes#agenda
   4. http://www.w3.org/2007/08/02-hcls-minutes#ActionSummary
   5. http://www.w3.org/2007/08/02-hcls-minutes.html#action01
   6. http://esw.w3.org/topic/HCLS/OntologyTaskForce/BIONTDSEDCM
   7. http://www.w3.org/2007/06/HCLSForm
   8. http://www.w3.org/2007/08/02-hcls-minutes.html#action01
   9. http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
  10. http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
-- 
-eric

office: +1.617.258.5741 NE43-344, MIT, Cambridge, MA 02144 USA
mobile: +1.617.599.3509

(eric@w3.org)
Feel free to forward this message to any list for any purpose other than
email address distribution.

Received on Wednesday, 8 August 2007 16:26:06 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 26 March 2013 18:00:49 GMT