RE: RDF for molecules, using InChI

From: Booth, David (HP Software - Boston) <dbooth@hp.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 22:31:22 -0400
To: "Michel_Dumontier" <Michel_Dumontier@carleton.ca>, "Eric Neumann" <eneumann@teranode.com>, "Egon Willighagen" <egon.willighagen@gmail.com>, <public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org>

> From: Michel_Dumontier
>
> I support the use of InChI as URI. Of course, the use of such
> a URI will annoy those that want URL resolvable URIs... another
> reason to relate the URI and the resolvable URL with an
> owl:sameAs predicate.

Can you clarify?  I see that an HTTP GET on
http://cb.openmolecules.net/rdf/?InChI=1/CH4/h1H4
returns a 200 Okay response with a nicely formatted HTML page, so it
would not make sense to say that URI owl:sameAs some other URI that does
not resolve.  Can you give an example of what you mean?

David Booth, Ph.D.
HP Software
+1 617 629 8881 office  |  dbooth@hp.com
http://www.hp.com/go/software

Opinions expressed herein are those of the author and do not represent
the official views of HP unless explicitly stated otherwise.