Re: SenseLab Ontology

From: Alan Ruttenberg <alanruttenberg@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2007 22:28:56 -0400
Cc: "Luis Marenco" <luis.marenco@yale.edu>, ernest.llim@yale.edu, public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org
To: "Huajun Chen @ Zhejiang University" <huajunsir@gmail.com>

On Apr 7, 2007, at 10:17 PM, Huajun Chen @ Zhejiang University wrote:

>>  - The layout of http://senselab.med.yale.edu/senselab/NeuronDB/
>> ndbRegions.asp?sr=0 suggests that there is some relation between
>> principal neurons and interneurons. I don't know the biology here -
>> is there? Also, some of the interneurons in that table are principal
>> neurons in the ontology.
> NeuronDB does contain such kind of information, my programs just did
> not retrieve these data.  Is this information essential?

I don't know. I guess I am first concerned about mistakes here. The
two things that seemed odd were that the page would show structure
the database doesn't have (I assumed that the pages were generated
from the database), and that the page didn't agree with the database
(at least as reflected by the OWL) wrt which neuron cells were which,
which would seem to indicate that there is an error on the page, or
in the database.

If the distinction between principal and interneuron isn't important
then perhaps it shouldn't appear in the ontology.

-Alan