Fw: CAP use case - Reasoning on Weighted Condition and Fuzzy Reasoning?

Hi, Vipul

Thanks for your "workaround" information.

This is the email I received earlier from Samson. Great minds indeed come
to the same place :)

Jos had implemented a similar solution.  One step further, you can have a
triple to specify the N in the statement of (at least N out of M signs) so
you don't have to be restricted to "at least 2" conditions.

Helen

----- Forwarded by Helen Chen/AMPJB/AGFA on 09/27/2006 02:48 PM -----

Samson Tu <swt@stanford.edu>
09/26/2006 06:57 PM

Helen Chen/AMPJB/AGFA@AGFA
cc

Subject
Re: Fw: CAP use case - Reasoning on Weighted Condition and Fuzzy
Reasoning?

Not sure whether this is going to help:

A standard way to do counting with rule programming is to  have a bunch
of rules of the form:

conditioni AND (count ?n) =>
    ( retract (count ?n)) && assert (count ?n + 1))

and then use a lower priority rule
  (count ?n:&(?n >= 2)) => obtain chest X-ray.

In the 80s people found that, if you need to manage "weights" and
uncertainties in diagnosis, it's not a good idea to use rules. That's
when Bayesian network become useful.

SAmson

sam.brandt@siemens.com,

http://www.guideline.gov/summary/summary.aspx?doc_id=9398&nbr=005034&string=community+AND+acquired+AND+pneumonia