Re: A question on the vocabulary for 'persons'

It's probably quite important to define various relation classes for
the aggregated properties we tend to relate to a person. I would
imagine this comes under standard upper ontologies. It would
necessarily need to include definitions of FOAF and vCard so that we
could classify across current data records. I doubt though that much
more than this would be designed from the top down since it tends to
be the evolution of current application data formats that will govern
the actual graph structures used to represent and transport the data.

So I would opt for an attempt to identify the current players in
terms of each other using an upper ontology rather than try to force
a single design on everybody.

Matt