Re: OWL vs RDF

the Protege OWL tutorial will be updated "real soon now". We'll be
doing OWL 1..1 (there wasn't any point updating before 1.1), but also
including stuff about data type properties (which can now be reasoned
over well) and some stuff about instances. finally, there's a whole
lot of  Protege stuff to change....

I wouldn't, however, hold your breath. Perhaps it will be
ready  early next year.