Re: OWL vs RDF

There's another answer of using the reasoner by building your
ontology to take advantage of its capabilities. the conceptual lego
approach relies on the reasoner.

Anecdotally, I've managed to miss out subsumption relationships by
hand in ontologies as small as a dozen classes. Also, when building
purely by hand, I've seen people introduce inconsistencies by
asserting multiple inheritance across disjoint classes.

I would feel nervous at saying "there is a point when you need a
reasoner", but I think building to take advantage of it is as close
as I can get.

robert.