Re: [rdf] Re: Task proposal: Distributed self-publishing of experiments

Ahh, I stand corrected, and probably was confused with the Mark - Larry
role switching....

Somewhere there was even mention of Thomas Jefferson as well...

Eric

On May 9, 2006, at 3:19 PM, Mark Wilkinson wrote:

> Indeed - my notes say that it was Mark Musen who was advocating to "let
> 1000 flowers bloom" :-) while Larry was taking the more conservative
> track...

> On Tue, 2006-05-09 at 13:14 -0600, Larry Hunter wrote:
>> On Tue, 2006-05-09 at 14:53 -0400, Eric Neumann wrote:
>>
>>> I seem to remember at an Ontology panel at ISMB last year in Detroit
>>> you were advocating the Anarchists approach to ontologies.... ; )
>>
>> You misremember!  I started off by saying how this was going to be the
>> first time in my entire life that I was going to take the conservative
>> side of anything.
>>
>> Actually, I advocated a democratic process with a central body to
>> ensure
>> fairness and good communication, which is pretty much what we ended up
>> getting with the NCBC.  Not that I had anything to do with that
>> specific
>> outcome, but I do think it is a very important one to support.
>>
>> Larry

> Mark Wilkinson
> Asst. Professor, Dept. of Medical Genetics
> University of British Columbia
> PI in Bioinformatics, iCAPTURE Centre
> St. Paul's Hospital, Rm. 166, 1081 Burrard St.
> Vancouver, BC, V6Z 1Y6
> tel: 604 682 2344 x62129
> fax: 604 806 9274
>
> "For most of this century we have viewed communications as a conduit,
>        a pipe between physical locations on the planet.
> What's happened now is that the conduit has become so big and
> interesting
>       that communication has become more than a conduit,
>        it has become a destination in its own right..."
>
>                 Paul Saffo - Director, Institute for the Future

Eric Neumann, PhD
co-chair, W3C Healthcare and Life Sciences,
and Senior Director Product Strategy
Teranode Corporation
83 South King Street, Suite 800
Seattle, WA 98104