Re: Extending BioDash

From: Eric Neumann <eneumann@teranode.com>
Date: Sun, 7 May 2006 10:36:17 -0400
To: Nigam Shah <nigam@stanford.edu>
Cc: swhclsig <public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org>

Nigam,

Sorry for the delay in responding...

To answer your question on how to build Collections of relations,
all you need to do in order to add members to a Collection is declare:

add { Nigams_relations   hs:member    :binds_to_promoter }

That sets the relation : binds_to_promoter to be a member of the
Collection "Nigams_relations"

Take a look at the chemistryCanvas.ad file in BioDash and look at the
":sampleChemicalRelations" Collection definition...

The basic tutorial documentation fro Haystack can be found at:
http://haystack.lcs.mit.edu/documentation.html

for developers :  http://haystack.lcs.mit.edu/developers/index.html

Hope this helps,

Eric

--- Nigam Shah <nigam@stanford.edu> wrote:

 > Hi,
 >
 > I recently installed BioDASH following instructions
 > at
 > http://www.w3.org/2005/04/swls/BioDash/Demo/install.html
 >
 > I got the demo installed and now want to play with
 > it (i.e. try and
 > extend it to see if it works). There is a collection
 > called 'Sample
 > chemical relations' that is provided with the demo.
 > Let's say I want
 > to create 'Nigam's relations' and add relations like
 > "binds_to_promoter" to it and define the
 > domain/range constraints for
 > it.
 >
 > Is there a place where there is tutorial on this? I
 > could create the
 > collection 'Nigam's relations' easily but cant find
 > an easy way to add
 > to it. The Add new item menu only allows adding of
 > new collections,
 > lists and to-do items. How to add a relation?
 >
 > Please point to any pointers, links to tutorials etc
 > that can be
 > useful here.
 >
 > --Nigam.
 >
 > ---------------------------------
 > Nigam Shah
 > Postdoctoral Fellow,
 > Stanford Medical Informatics.
 > Ph: 650.725.6236
 > Web: www.stanford.edu/~nigam/

Eric Neumann, PhD
co-chair, W3C Healthcare and Life Sciences,
and Senior Director Product Strategy
Teranode Corporation
83 South King Street, Suite 800
Seattle, WA 98104