RE: [BIORDF] edit of Top Level Task - scalability

+1

RDF wrappers and interfaces are the best way to go.

As we deploy this technology into the real world, IT folks will be
against moving and re-designing data repositories, but will be more amenable
to any approach that doesn't require them to relocate, redesign or disrupt
current applications to the data.

Also, creating an RDF data warehouse essentially destroys the "incremental low
cost" value proposition that Eric Miller talks about.

Would propose that the BIORDF group explore best practices for creating RDF
wrappers from a variety of data sources....

Cheers,

---Vipul

Vipul Kashyap, Ph.D.
Senior Medical Informatician
Clinical Informatics R&D, Partners HealthCare System
Phone: (781)416-9254
Cell: (617)943-7120
http://www.partners.org/cird/AboutUs.asp?cBox=Staff&stAb=vik

To keep up you need the right answers; to get ahead you need the right questions
---John Browning and Spencer Reiss, Wired 6.04.95