Re: Parkinson's Disease use-case

On Mar 6, 2006, at 2:36 PM, Eric Neumann wrote:

> I have added a Parkinson's Disease (PD) information aggregation use-
> case on the wiki site:
>
> http://esw.w3.org/topic/ParkinsonsDisease
>
> Currently it has disease related information on implicated genes,
> causes, treatments, inheritance, and pathways. It eventually is to
> serve as a resource for one possible scientific scenario that
> effectively utilizes RDF structured data (and eventually
> ontologies) in support of neuroscience research.

Excellent example! Use cases like this are extremely helpful in
putting the various tasks in an important context. In particular,
I've related the Parkinsons use case to the following Task...

Create RDF to describe entries in NCBI database
- http://esw.w3.org/topic/HCLSIG_BioRDF_Subgroup/Tasks/
Gene_Neural_related_gene_data

I'd appreciates thoughts on additional tasks that would be useful in
addressing this use case.

Note: I recommend that tasks list people who are interested in
working on the particular problem.

> Additional scientific scenarios are very much welcomed!

agreed!

semantic web activity lead               http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/
w3c world wide web consortium            http://www.w3.org/