Re: [BioRDF] Meeting Notes Feb 27, 2006

I see OMIM was proposed as a test case. I'm interested in this. I'm not
entirely sure what it means to put OMIM disease descriptions into RDF
though. One approach that springs to mind is simple binary mapping
between OMIM IDs and, say, UMLS IDs. The question of whether RDF is
used here seems moot.

An approach we're pursuing is decomposed descriptions of OMIM
phenotypes, in terms of biological entities (continuants and
occurrents) and the qualities which inhere in them; this could be done
using ontologies such as the FMA and PATO (for qualities).

We're also interested in how these phenotypes relate to the disease,
and the nature of the gene to phenotype relationship.

We'll be trying out various RDF storage solutions for this. We should
have a demo running soon...