W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org > June 2006

Minutes of June 22 HCLS Conference Call

From: Eric Neumann <eneumann@teranode.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 12:59:11 -0400
To: "w3c semweb hcls" <public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org>
Message-ID: <305EED54-A692-4118-9453-9F756494208C@teranode.com>

Minutes June 22 HCLS Conference Call
Raw Minutes at http://www.w3.org/2006/06/22-HCLS-irc.html

Planned June 22 HCLSig Teleconference Agenda:

Time: 11:00 am EDT June 22, 2006 in America/New York for a duration of 1

hour

Phone: tel:+1-617-761-6200 (Zakim) conference #4257 (HCLS)

irc://irc.w3.org:6665/hcls

Chairs: Eric Neumann, Tonya Hongsermeier



Agenda:

a) Convene, take roll, review record

b) Propose next HCLS call July, 6, 2006, nominate a scribe

c) Introductions - New participants since last call

d) BioOntology Update

e) Adaptive Clinical Protocol Update

f) Scientific Publishing

g) BioRDF Update (if there is time)

Participating: Ted_Slater, Sean Martin, Alan Ruttenberg, Helen Chen,  
Eric Miller, Eric Neumann, Chimezie Ogbuji, Tonya Hongsermeier, Vipul  
Kashyap, Bill Bug, Scott Marshall, Don Doherty, Susie Stephens, Don,  
Helen, Joanne Luciano, Lee Feigenbaum


·      New Introduction by Chimezie Ogbuji: working on Semantic Web  
applications for data processing at Cleveland Clinic; he is an  
analyst for cardio-thoracic research projects, working on XML and RDF  
storage;

ACTION: Chimezie to send out pointers to Chimezie’s work

·      AlanR shares URI discussion from BioPAX: http://mumble.net/ 
~alanr/cshl/URICV.htm

·      EricN and Tonya discuss next F2F; Scott Marshall will help  
with F2F meeting planning, Amsterdam? Oct 3, Oct 23?

·      BioOnt update (Vipul Kashyup)

o      High level use-case, AlanR transitive closure, subtask 1

o      Examples for subtask 2, Davide and John, SNOMED

o      Neurology notes from John Madden, tagging clinician notes

o      Don Doherty and John Barkley for NeuronDB and Cocodat via UMLS

http://esw.w3.org/topic/HCLS/OntologyTaskForce/ 
Create_Bridging_Ontology_between_NeuronDB_and_CoCoDat_databases_and_UMLS 
_Common_Vocabulary

o      Michael Miller, use of ontologies on annotations MGED and FUGO

http://fugo.sourceforge.net/

o      Will be linked to BioRDF use cases

o      EricN: Be sure to state up front objectives and what IT  
(ontologies) is about…

o      Bill Bug – BioONT presentation on thesaurus and nomenclature,  
seconds need to state intended uses

o      Dan Ruben is a participant from NCBO

o      Bill: AlanR on FUGO input…

o      Joanne with BioPAX

o      ACTION: deliverable prepared of multi-ontology use-case to  
NCBO, EN will coordinate, Bill Bug, AlanR, JoanneL, Kei, others?

o      ACTION: Alanr offers to map people to projects

·      ACPP update (Helen Chen)

o      Bi-Weekly calls

o      Update wiki site with ACPP material

§       Updated homepage: http://esw.w3.org/topic/HCLS/ACPPTaskForce

§       Stroke ER Use-Case http://esw.w3.org/topic/ 
HclsigDscussionTopics/HclsSubGroupACPP/Stroke

o      Developed use cases 1) ontology descriptive, 2) procedural  
workflow centric, protocols

o      NCBO contact via Mark Musen

o      Tonya: Any contact with HL7 Sam Brandt, order sets?

o      EricN: RCRIM and usage of OWL discussed, caBIG interactions also

o      Danial Rubin and John Madded should coordinate on medical  
ontology expertise

o      Importance of Rules in this domain; perhaps ACPP can help RIF

o      Pharma participation and interest on CT regarding HC and rule- 
based solution

o      Supply use-cases to RIF

o      ACTION: Chimezie has data cataloging rule use case,

o      Helen recommends using KISS on rules and ontologies

o      EM RIF needs to see if specs support all rule use cases,  
especially HCLS

·      Adjourn
Received on Wednesday, 28 June 2006 16:59:34 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 26 March 2013 18:00:43 GMT