RE: [rdf] Re: URIs

Hi All,

Just to add a quick 2c to what Bill and others have to say about
practical use cases.

Since we at Rosetta Biosoftware develop applications for end users we
are rather neutral to how we can get annotation, we're happy with just
about anything.  The key for us is that our users want the
annotation--then we figure out how to get it, that includes the sequence
annotation from the public sources using whatever parsers we find that
can read their one-off formats, GO, where we have a custom import
because we didn't know enough to deal directly with ontologies, and so
on.

The great part of this effort is to regularize how that annotation can
be obtained, regardless of the type of annotation.  Once there is a
systematic way to get to the whatever annotation, when our users want a
new source of annotation, we can stop worrying about how to get it and
simply tell them to point our application at the annotation using the
(now or future) standard access tools.

cheers,
Michael

Michael Miller