RE: BioRDF [Telcon]: slides for the UMLS presentation

But presumably the relations which characterize the structure of UMLS could be given their own URIs, no?
Along with the concepts themselves.

And then UMLS could then be expressed in RDF, using UMLS specific relations, rather than standard OWL relations.

It would then at least be URI-ified and so connected into the RDF-universe, and different implementors could experiment with different approximative mappings to OWL relationships, for some or all of UMLS, according to their particular needs.

There might, for example, be some well defined bits of UMLS where the relations can be reasonably mapped to is_a and part_of relations.

Matt

This email has been scanned by Postini.
For more information please visit http://www.postini.com