Re: Re: BioRDF: URI Best Practices

From: <samwald@gmx.at>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 13:16:09 +0200
To: public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org

> I too would be interested in understanding why people in the life
> sciences don't use URLs, because I think the advantage of using
> them is absolutely huge. Being able to "GET my meaning" [1] makes
> the Semantic web so easy to explain, so simple to read, so
> beautiful all in all that one really needs to have an amazing
> reason not to go that way.

What we need is a simple tool (preferably based on server-side PHP scripts) that we can use to 'publish' our ontologies automatically in the way you describe. Are there any?
RAP [1] already has some of the functionality I am thinking of [2], but we would also need a tool that helps us generating the descriptive HTML for each resource. All of that should be possible through a simple, one-click 'upload & publish' function in the tool.

[1] http://www.wiwiss.fu-berlin.de/suhl/bizer/rdfapi/
[2] http://www.wiwiss.fu-berlin.de/suhl/bizer/rdfapi/tutorial/netapi.html

cheers,
Matthias