Re: BioRDF: URI Best Practices

From: Sean Martin <sjmm@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 06:57:05 -0400
To: public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org
hi Susie,
Is there any chance that we can have a section that details the pro's and
con's of URL's as URIs in a Life Sciences setting.  It is my understanding
that the LSID URN was created in response to certain short comings of URLs
 as names  - but may well not have over come them and so the various
concerns may not be obvious with just the one table suggested.

Kindest regards, Sean

Sean Martin
IBM Corp.

Sent by: public-semweb-lifesci-request@w3.org
07/19/2006 06:33 PM

"'public-semweb-lifesci'" <public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org>

BioRDF: URI Best Practices

I've added a section on URIs to the BioRDF Wiki (

Please could you add your thoughts to the Wiki prior to the BioRDF call on
July 31 that will discuss the pros and cons of using LSIDs.