Re: BioRDF: URI Best Practices

From: Sean Martin <sjmm@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 06:57:05 -0400
To: public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org
hi Susie,
Is there any chance that we can have a section that details the pro's and
con's of URL's as URIs in a Life Sciences setting.  It is my understanding
that the LSID URN was created in response to certain short comings of URLs
 as names  - but may well not have over come them and so the various
concerns may not be obvious with just the one table suggested.

Kindest regards, Sean

--
Sean Martin
IBM Corp.

SUSIE.STEPHENS@ORACLE.COM
Sent by: public-semweb-lifesci-request@w3.org
07/19/2006 06:33 PM

"'public-semweb-lifesci'" <public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org>
cc

Subject
BioRDF: URI Best Practices

I've added a section on URIs to the BioRDF Wiki (
http://esw.w3.org/topic/HCLSIG_BioRDF_Subgroup/Tasks/URI_Best_Practices).

Please could you add your thoughts to the Wiki prior to the BioRDF call on
July 31 that will discuss the pros and cons of using LSIDs.

Thanks,

Susie