Re: LSIDs and ontology segmentation

From: Phillip Lord <phillip.lord@newcastle.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 12:25:31 +0100
To: markw@illuminae.com
Cc: public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org

  Mark> I know that others (e.g. Damian Gessler and collaborators at
  Mark> NCGR, but I don't have the reference to his submitted
  Mark> manuscript at hand right now... sorry Damian!) are also
  Mark> working on the problem of segmentation by passing a
  Mark> self-inflating "flattened" ontology fragment.

I believe that the work your are referring to has been submitted to
the BioOntologies SIG at this years ISMB, the programme for which is
available online.

http://www.jbb06.org/programme.html

This year we are holding a joint conference with BioLink, so this
should be a great workshop for anyone interested in semantic web,
ontologies or text mining and technologies in the life sciences.

Tickets still available! Get them while they are hot!

Phil