RE: Ontology entity IDs

From: Nigam Shah <nigam@stanford.edu>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 10:40:39 -0700
To: "'William Bug'" <William.Bug@DrexelMed.edu>, "'Alan Ruttenberg'" <alanruttenberg@gmail.com>
Cc: "'Trish Whetzel'" <whetzel@pcbi.upenn.edu>, "'Alan Rector'" <rector@cs.man.ac.uk>, "'w3c semweb hcls'" <public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org>, "'Phillip Lord'" <phillip.lord@newcastle.ac.uk>
As I've mentioned earlier, I'm more comfortable with the sort of URI
Alan presents below, than one where term strings are used as IDs.  In
essence, the string 'GO' becomes a namespace ID, even if XML
namespaces are not being explicitly involved here.

This 'GO' namespace would have three different namespaces in it
(biological process, molecular function and cellular component)..and
would cause confusion with the more usual interpretation of
namespaces.

-Nigam.