Re: ontology specs for self-publishing experiment

From: Alan Ruttenberg <alanruttenberg@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 23:28:37 -0400
Cc: Alan Rector <rector@cs.man.ac.uk>, w3c semweb hcls <public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org>, Phillip Lord <phillip.lord@newcastle.ac.uk>
To: Trish Whetzel <whetzel@pcbi.upenn.edu>

Hi Trish,

What was the specifics of the argument for alphanumeric versus numeric

If you check out the go-format list I recently sent some examples that
use identifiers of the form

Details are in

BTW, all of them are alphanumeric in the sense that they are URIs. But
a little care needs to be taken because of  qnames, etc. used in xml.
Nothing that can't be worked around in a reasonable manner.