[HCLS] tagging publications/experiments with Annotea topics

From: Marja Koivunen <marja@annotea.org>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 14:03:51 -0400
To: public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org

With Annotea social bookmarks a user can tag their published experiments
with selected topics. This helps in finding them especially if we come
up with some recommended topics and publish them as bookmark files and
make links between topics that are similar enough. The rest of the
detailed info can be attached to the experimental data or extend Annotea
and the UI tools.

I'm going to do a new use case but in the mean time here is the one I
did about the neuroscience resources.

The original HTML page that gave the inspiration:
http://big.sfn.org/NDG/site/eavObList.asp?a=278&v=28872&menu_item=dblist1

User's personal view of the links and their organization in RDF
(different organizations may make sense in different life science
research areas):
http://www.annotea.org/bookmarks/neuro.rdf

Image of the hierarchy in Firefox plugin:
http://www.annotea.org/bookmarks/neurohierarchy.png

Simple XSLT conversion of the RDF file to a HTML page with the links:
http://www.annotea.org/xslt/neuro.xml
(The XSLT works at least in Explorer, I need to find a way to get the
HTML code out so I can test it with Firefox and find a way to do the
conversion more dynamically. But this is the idea.)

The RDF file can be used in many ways and by many tools to help users
organize and share simple but effective information about the publications.

Marja