RE: "factoring out" in the construction of FuGO = the search for "universals"

From: Xiaoshu Wang <wangxiao@musc.edu>
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2006 17:03:31 -0400
To: <public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org>

> Can you provide a more specific example.  In the formalism
> being applied in the FuGO curation process, the only nodes
> which would map to ':foo' this N3 triplet would be
> ':independent_continuant' and ':dependent_continuant', and I
> can't think of any instance data that will map to those nodes
> in the graph.

No, no. It is wrong if you only retrieve the two subclasses.  First, what
makes you stop retrieving the subclass of "Independent_continuant"? Second,
how do you figure it out there is only two subclasses? You must retrieve the
entire graph right?

The URI for the "continuant", is

But if you retrieve it, you retrieve the entire graph under the entire
namespace.  And as the "web_closure" goes, you have to follow the URI of all
terms, besides, rdf, rdfs, owl, dublin core (element and terms), protégé
plug-ins, and etc.,.