Re: [HCLSIG] homologs for yeast proteins?

From: Eric Jain <Eric.Jain@isb-sib.ch>
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2006 00:12:06 +0100
To: Eric Miller <em@w3.org>
CC: public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org

Eric Miller wrote:
> More specifically, I'd suggest for this page, the following template be
> used
>
> <link rel="meta" type="application/rdf+xml" title="Data for GO:0031930"
> href="http://www.godatabase.org/cgi-bin/amigo/go.cgiformat=xml&view=details&search_constraint=terms&depth=0&session_id=412b1138742957&query=GO:0031930"
> />

I'd suggest:

<link rel="alternate" type="application/rdf+xml" href="foo.rdf" />

which is used by important organizations and people such as Creative
Commons (see source of http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd/2.5/) and
myself ;-)

There is even a Firefox extension that will list such alternate
representations of the web page you are looking at in a menu, see
http://cdn.mozdev.org/linkToolbar/, and
http://www.draig.de/LinkBar/index.en.html for Internet Explorer. It's not
inconceivable (though far from guaranteed) that this functionality would be
included by default, one day, much like RSS auto-discovery.