RE: Lack of prefix in public-semweb-lifesci Subject line makes it difficult to recognize origin

From: Phillip Lord <Phillip.Lord@newcastle.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 12:44:50 -0000
To: "hclsig-pub" <public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org>

Dave DeCaprio wrote:
> This sort of approach to problem solving is what causes so many of
> the disconnects between computer science people and biologists and
> health care workers.
>
> I find the choice of the word practical in the email below to be most
> unusual.  'Principled' seems a more apt word to use.

Rather than getting into a "my discipline's better than your discipline"
competion, can we just accept that the sysadmins have got the right
to administer their mailing list how they want and move on? I guess that

might be able to argue that the ability to organise and navigate
through your email is a semantic web issue, it would probably be easier
if we could move forward from this mailing list meta-discussion.

Thanks

Phil