Re: IRC tutorial

From: Ralph R. Swick <swick@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 11:50:54 -0500
To: Brian Gilman <gilmanb@pantherinformatics.com>
Cc: public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org

At 04:59 PM 1/18/2006 -0500, Brian Gilman wrote:

>Hello Everyone,
>
>   Here is a great IRC tutorial:
>
>   http://www.ircbeginner.com/ircinfo/tutorials.html

"great" as in "big", apparently :)

One of the things that distinguishes communities is in how they
use the tools available to them.

In the W3C community we don't tend to use irc abbreviations or
colored irc text.  We use plain language (well, plain Web geekeze :).

We have developed over time some additional conventions that
help to make the log of an irc channel more useful as a permanent
record of a conversation.  We've tried to document the [1]important
irc conventions.

   [1] http://www.w3.org/Project/IRC/#TeamIRCConventions

-Ralph