Re: introductions (Andrea Splendiani)

From: Andrea Splendiani <andrea@pasteur.fr>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 16:01:43 +0100
To: public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org
Hi, my name is Andrea Splendiani.
I'm a PhD student in the department of computer science at the
University of Milano Bicocca and  currently at Institut Pasteur,
Systems Biology Unit. Before that, I've been a research assistant at
Genopolis, working on microarray databases.
My interests are in using semantics in the interpretation of high-
throughput experimental data.
In detail I'm interested in evolving functional profiling approaches
considering not just genes-to-function associations, but also the
relations among these functions.
I'm focusing on the BioPAX ontology and I'm currently developing a
platform that merges a systems biology analysis tool (Cytoscape) with
a semantic web platform (currently Jena). This already supports
visualizion of ontologies, inference support, queries. Next step
would be to generalize terms scoring function on ontologies.

Andrea

Andrea Splendiani
contact details at:
http://www.sgtp.net/AndreaSplendiani/