Intl Semantic Web Conf keynote presentation on life sciences and semantic web

From: Carole Goble <carole@cs.man.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 12:51:11 +0000
To: public-semweb-lifesci <public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org>

Hi

Several people from this list have asked me for the powerpoint slides
for my keynote - Using the Semantic Web for e-science - Inspiration,
Incubation, Irritation
<http://twiki.mygrid.org.uk/twiki/pub/Mygrid/PresentationStore/ISWC2005keynote-final.ppt>
- at the 4th Intl Semantic Web Conference 2005 in Galway last November.
Life Sciences was used as an example of e-Science.

As the slides are huge, you can pick them up from:
http://twiki.mygrid.org.uk/twiki/pub/Mygrid/PresentationStore/ISWC2005keynote-final.ppt

Regards

Carole

Professor Carole Goble
University of Manchester
UK

PS an updated version of the infamous "Montagues and Capulets" talk at
KCap 2005, likening the battles between life scientists and knowledge
engineers to Romeo and Juliet, is available from
http://twiki.mygrid.org.uk/twiki/pub/Mygrid/PresentationStore/KCap2005.ppt