RE: Unstructured vs. Structured (was: HL7 and patient records in RDF/OWL?)

Hi All,

my quick 2c

> I'd argue that most information resources are indeed
> semi-structured. The
> human brain is only able to meta-categorize resources based on its
> structured aspects (markup and structural metadata), its informational
> content (its aboutness), and context (environmental metadata).

although many people don't admit it or don't realize it, the human brain
is also able to hold unstructured data and work at it until it finds
structure or it's replaced by a next load of sensory input.

there's a place in use cases for the semantic web for this type of
activity.

cheers,
Michael

Michael Miller