Re: Unstructured vs. Structured (was: HL7 and patient records in RDF/OWL?)

This discussion is fine, but let me bring this back to GRDDL.

GRDDL could be used to specify ways of generating RDF from many kinds
of XML documents. The documents could be data-oriented XML, or text-
oriented XML, or even (I think this is accurate, Eric?) could be
documents with very sparse XML markup where the extraction transform
operates exclusively on CDATA.

In any case, I'd like more discussion on the issue that: use of GRDDL
to extract RDF from healthcare-oriented documents, especially non-
html documents, is an important focus of HCLS, and one of the
workgroups should take ownership of this issue.

John