RE: Proposal: optimizing mailing list 'bahaviour'

From: wangxiao <wangxiao@musc.edu>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 10:12:04 -0500
To: <public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org>

> This seems a bit more disciplined than is likely to fly on a
> large and diverse group like this one.  In addition, I think
> it might to some extent inhibit discussion because some
> people would be intimidated by the requirement of learning a
> bunch of rules about the syntax and semantics of the Subject
> line.  And then there would be other people, like me
> probably, who would take one look at all those rules and just
> ignor them.  Not to mention a LARGE number of people who
> would object to spending time and effort discussing issues like this.

+1.

A bit chaos is an inherited property of public forum. We can all live with
it.  By forcing the person who raises the questsion to collect/organize
answers turns a spontaneous and volunteer act into a responsibility.  That
might scare a lot of people off this list. I don't think it is healthy.

This is an interest group.  Thus, if a question doesn't raise a lot of
interest, there won't be a lot of discussions. If it does, just let it be.

Xiaoshu