Re: Book on Semantic Web and Life Sciences published

Here, here!

Congrats, Kei!

This will be a very important and well-timed work that will help
significantly in providing additional, comprehensive examples to
support what all have been contributing to the BMC Bioinformatics
article.  There are many relevant efforts that have been reported in
ISWC, ISMB, AMIA, APBC, etc., over the past few years, but a
collection of high-quality, invited articles on this topic definitely
helps to establish the field on solid footing.

Many thanks, Kei!

Cheers,
Bill

P.S.: On a relatively unrelated side note, I only just noticed the
ISWC acronym appears to have collided with the IEEE International
Symposium on Wearable Computers (http://www.cc.gatech.edu/ccg/
iswc06/) - itself dating back to 2000.

On Dec 10, 2006, at 11:39 PM, Bob Futrelle wrote:

> I immediately redirected Carole's note, plus the authors' home page
> links, to my BioNLP.org mailing list, so suddenly some 400 readers of
> that group were alerted to it. (And I ordered a copy for myself from
> the bookstore, of course.)  I think we all appreciate the great effort
> that goes into writing a book and we're always grateful when someone
> (else  ;-) does it.
>
>  - Bob Futrelle
>
> On 12/10/06, kc28 <kei.cheung@yale.edu> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for the congrats, Tim. I also thank Carole for introducing the
>> book to the SWHCLSIG group.
>>
>> -Kei
>>
>>  Tim Clark wrote:
>>

>> > Congrats, Kei!