Re: A problem-oriented medical record OWL ontology

Hi Trish,

This is a very informal effort Chris Mungall has been leading - and
is directly related to the work he, NCI, OBI, BIRN, and others have
been doing on a shared formalism for expressing ontology-associated
metadata - or AnnotationProperties - or "speech acts" - depending on
who you discuss the issue with.  It all comes down to setting a
context for the ontology content being constructed - and the ontology-
based assertions/annotations being created using formalisms such as
PATO.

So far, this has really just consisted of a few email threads, to the
best of my knowledge, though I may have missed ongoing follow-up
discussions.

Cheers,
Bill

On Dec 6, 2006, at 1:49 PM, Trish Whetzel wrote:

>> There is also an informal effort underway in this same context for
>> associating "speech acts" with the annotations, which relates both
>> to the "acts" as represented in HL7 RIM and similar contextual
>> qualifiers as represented in ontologies such as DOLCE & GALEN.
> Which effort is this?
>
> Trish

Bill Bug

www.neuroterrain.org