RE: [HCLS] Bridging Ontology...An Automated Approach?

Don,

I like this formulation of the ontology mapping process.
It seems to have two aspects to it:

1. Specification of a mapping is like specifying a hypothesis.
   As the data generated from these mappings is validated, this strengthens
   these mappings. Otherwise, it weakens them.
2. Each mapping may influence other mappings, i.e., adjustment of weights.
   Some kind of fixed point computation may be done.

The interesting similarities with this formulation are:
- The second aspect is similar to the way Google computes page rank at least
conceptually.
- The notion of integration/mapping becomes closer to the notion of
provenance....

Just my 2 cents....

Don, Look forward to discussing this on the Telcon tomorrow.

Cheers,

---Vipul