Re: National Center for Biomedical Ontology

Mark,

A very warm congratulations to you on having the National Center for Biomedical Ontology awarded! I believe as you do that the Semantic Web community will want to work together closely with your initiative as it progresses.

As we begin to outline our activities for semantic web life science infrastructure and applications over the next few years, we will need to collaborate with key centers such as yours. I also hope we can help contribute to your efforts with some insights and best practices that will arise from discussions in the Semantic Web Healthcare and Life Sciencess Interest Group (HCLSIG).

I and others in the SW community look forwards to working with you and the center, and hope to establish some channels in the coming months for activities that will benefit both initiatives!

best regards,
Eric