Re: Uniprot RDF in RDF Gateway

From: Eric Jain <Eric.Jain@isb-sib.ch>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 19:48:37 +0200
To: Geoff Chappell <gchappell@intellidimension.com>
CC: public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org

Geoff Chappell wrote:
> I imagined this was probably the case. It might be worth highlighting for
> folks on your site

Yes, good idea.

> Yeah, it's unfortunate there isn't a meaningful common superclass of those
> (since the they all describe ranges on the timeline). I suppose you could
> make the range the union of the three types.

We used this approach in the XML Schema for the plain XML version of our
data [http://www.uniprot.org/support/docs/uniprot.xsd].

Unfortunately Protege (which is used to maintain the ontology) doesn't seem
to support custom data types, and I suspect other RDF tools may have
problems, too...