How to avoid getting spam ? I am afraid to give my institutional email address

From: hilmi ege <hilmiege@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 21:02:14 +0000
To: public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org

This is a great web meeting point to collaborate and benefit from the vast
knowledge and expertise. I have one concern about the email addresses. I am
afraid to give out my institutional email address because of junk/spam mail.
Can we find a way to prevent it from happening in this early phase ? People
will most likely join even faster if there is a way of protection from
spam/junk emails.

Hilmi Ege, M.D.