Introductions: Steve Chervitz, Affymetrix

From: Steve Chervitz <Steve_Chervitz@affymetrix.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 12:08:21 -0800
To: public-semweb-lifesci <public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org>

My name is Steve Chervitz and I work at Affymetrix on the NetAffx
Analysis Center. My team is tasked with the job of annotating the
sequences on our arrays, with the ultimate aim of helping connect our
users to associated biological information that will enable them to
interpret their results and make important discoveries.

As an employee of a tool vendor that is contributing to the current
explosive growth of bioinformatics data, I look forward to the SW-HCLS
interest group as a forum for learning about ways for making the
bioinformatics data from Affymetrix arrays more computable and

I also work with the DAS project (Distributed Annotation System),
helping to revise the original DAS specification as well as
providing Affymetrix probe set data via DAS. I am interested in learning
about ways that DAS can make use of SW technologies. Also, lessons
learned from DAS could provide guidance relevant to the SW-HCLS group.

Links of interest:

Position paper from W3C workshop for life sciences, 27-28 Oct 2004:

Summary report of W3C workshop for life sciences, 27-28 Oct 2004:

Steve Chervitz | Bioinformatics Engineer | Bioinformatics
AFFYMETRIX, INC. | 6550 Vallejo St., Ste 100 | Emeryville, CA 94608
Tel: 510-428-8530 | Fax: 510-428-8585 | Steve_Chervitz@affymetrix.com