Re: FW: [BioPAX-discuss] LSID Best practices...

Hi,

After a brief reading of this document, I am afraid I am still not very clear answers to the following puzzles:

First, should LSIDs be used as the unique identifiers for data to such a way that if the data are moved to another database or application, people should not change the LSID that is associated with the data no matter what?

Second, LSID is designed to separate data and metadata in order to .... So as the example in the best practice, if the person's name changed, can we say only the metadata about the person is changed, but not the data, which is person here? Or if the person moved to another instituition, what will happen to his/her person LSID?

Thanks!

Best,

Jun Zhao