Re: Semantic Web BOF @ ISMB 2004

From: Steve Chervitz <steve_chervitz@affymetrix.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 10:59:53 -0700
Cc: <public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org>
To: <Eric.Neumann@aventis.com>

Eric,

It would be a good idea to try and hook up with folks in the Rewerse
working group:

Rewerse Working group A2: Adding Semantics to the Bioinformatics Web
http://bioinformatics.org/forums/forum.php?forum_id=2750

Looks like they are just getting started. They don't mention specific
technologies of interest, but speak in more general terms about the
need for rule-based reasoning and ontologies.

I imagine some from this group will be there since they are locals
(compared to west-coasters such as myself who unfortunately won't be
there).

Have fun,
Steve