RE: The UniProt database in RDF format

From: <Eric.Neumann@aventis.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 10:36:09 -0400
To: <Eric.Jain@isb-sib.ch>, <public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org>

Eric,

Thak you very much for your contribution! I am very excited to see the Uniprot project available in RDF/OWL format, along with your documentation. I think this opens the possibility of working with public bioinformatic data not only in traditional ways, but also through new knowledge discovery collaborations. I specifically look forwards to seeing examples of researchers making statements or hypotheses about protein functions and roles using your data, and being able semantically to tie them to pathway, transcriptomic, chemistry, and disease knowledge!

Eric

Eric Neumann, Ph.D.

Global Head of Knowledge Management
Aventis - DI&A