RDF tools...

From: Eric Neumann <ENeumann@BeyondGenomics.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 12:36:01 -0500
To: <public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org>
Hi everyone:

Since a few of us have been exchanging and processing RDF files using
some basic tools, I thought a brief introduction to these tools might
useful to others interested. A basic list includes:

*	CWM - a python program that reads, writes, translates, merges,
and performs some logic on RDF and N3 files; can be downloaded from
http://www.w3.org/2000/10/swap/doc/cwm.html , and more info on the
more-readable N3 variant of RDF can be found at
http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/Notation3.html and
http://www.w3.org/2000/10/swap/doc/ . Fairly easy to use, and great for
test-bedding stuff! Main limitation is handling relatively small RDF/N3
files

*	JENA - JAVA RDF API developed by HP and used by many projects-
http://www.hpl.hp.com/semweb/ . Jena 2 is equipped with JDBC based
persistence and an inference engine!

*	ISAViz - RDF visual editor - http://www.w3.org/2001/11/IsaViz/ .
Has a very nice feature for configuring graph views through a graph
stylesheet, GSS.

*	Protege - Stanford Ontology Editor that supports RDF and OWL
through a plug-in: http://protege.stanford.edu/ ,
http://protege.stanford.edu/doc/users_guide/rdf_support.html

*	RDFStore using PERL - with link to other RDF PERL API's
http://rdfstore.sourceforge.net/

We will be setting up a web page to upload various RDF/N3 files,
ontologies, and test scripts in the next week, and I'll be sure to put
these (and more) links to tools as well.

Eric