Re: Draft rNews 1.0 OWL Ontology: Feedback Requested [via Semantic News]

Dear Stuart,

     nice work on the rNews 1.0 OWL Ontology.

If you pass your current notation to a document in an RDF/XML notation,
you can use OOPS! [1], a tool to validate the ontology.
OOPS! provides you with possible pitfalls or anomalies in your ontology.
You can find the catalogue of pitfalls at [2].

I've already pass your draft, and here you can find the results:

     Results for P08: Missing annotations. 84 cases
     Results for P10: Missing disjointness.
     Results for P11: Missing domain or range in properties. 1 case
     Results for P13: Missing inverse relationships. 11 cases
     Results for P19: Swapping intersection and union. 13 cases

So, maybe you can take a look to your current version and update it with
annotations (labels and comments for the elements to facilitate the
human understanding), disjointness knowledge, and domain and range in
the 'creator' property, inverse relations.
You can also review whether intersections and unions are using in the
correct way along the ontology.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

         Mari Carmen Suarez-Figueroa.

---------

[1] http://www.oeg-upm.net/oops
@oeg_upm: Due to maintenance works, most of the services maintained by
the OEG (e.g., OOPS!) will be down during this weekend.

[2] http://oeg-lia3.dia.fi.upm.es/oops/catalogue.jsp

El 15/05/2012 19:00, Stuart Myles escribió:
> We've created an IPTC rNews 1.0 ontology file in OWL. It is available at
> http://dev.iptc.org/files/rNews/rnews_1.0_draft1.owl This is just a draft, but
> we'd like to get feedback from the experts on any improvements we can make,
> whether it is in syntax, structure, documentation or any other aspect. So, let
> us know what you think! Regards, Stuart
>

> ----------
>
> This post sent on Semantic News
>

> 'Draft rNews 1.0 OWL Ontology: Feedback Requested'
>
> http://www.w3.org/community/semnews/2012/05/15/draft-rnews-1-0-owl-ontology-feedback-requested/
>

> Learn more about the Semantic News:
>
> http://www.w3.org/community/semnews

  Dr. Mari Carmen Suárez-Figueroa