Re: [remote-playback] RemotePlaybackState enum can become misleading when changing media.src (#125)

From: Mark Foltz \(Google\) via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2019 22:22:45 +0000
To: public-secondscreen@w3.org
CC @mounirlamouri for his thoughts.

This proposal seems reasonable to me.

Thinking through how resumption would work: if the video gets an `unsupported` event and switches back to a supported (file-based) URL, it could call `prompt()` again and the browser could handle that as a special case and resume playback on the same device (if it's still available).

We could add some additional `resume()` API if that isn't sufficient, but I don't see a need currently.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by mfoltzgoogle
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/remote-playback/issues/125#issuecomment-521442354 using your GitHub account