Re: Agenda for Second Screen WG/CG F2F at TPAC

Hi Anssi, others,

A few updates and proposals for the agenda next week.

*Kickoff*

First, would it make sense to spend a little time on Monday morning
discussing and confirming the agenda for the day?  Maybe before kicking off
the rechartering discussion?

I have (hopefully) three demos to show and they may not take a full 45
minutes.  I will need an HDMI projector and an open (not client isolated)
WiFi network.

*Presentation API*

Philip Jagenstedt (CCed) may be available to join us at 12:30pm to discuss
the proposed testing API for the Presentation API (issue #440). If we could
move that topic to that time, that would be great.

I have labeled the remaining v2 features [1] as P1, P2, P3 to set an order
for discussion.  I feel the P1 are necessary and the others we should
address as time permits.

I wonder if discussion of HbbTV (Issue #67) would fit better after the
Media and Enterntainment joint session, but I think we are keeping the last
slot for Remote Playback API so Mounir can possibly participate?

*Group Dinner*

I guess we are skipping this year?  I can look for potential options if
there is interest - a questionnaire would help determine the group size for
reservations.

*Remote Playback API*

I labeled four issues with "F2F" as topics for discussion.

*Open Screen Protocol*

I would like to spend about 30 minutes at the beginning covering the
overall goals and scope of what we are trying to accomplish, review  what
contributions have been made thus far, and assemble the agenda for the rest
of the day.

The technical areas that we should spend at some time on would include,

1. Discovery
2. Transport
3. Authentication
4. Application protocol
5. Benchmarking
6. Interop with existing protocols (HbbTV, etc.)

I don't know how well participants have been following the contributions to
GitHub, but perhaps we could get volunteers to introduce proposals in each
technical area to kick off the discussion.

m.