Re: Proposed Second Screen Community Group Charter

On Thu, May 19, 2016 at 12:24 AM, Kostiainen, Anssi <
anssi.kostiainen@intel.com> wrote:

> Hi Mark, All,
>
> > On 19 May 2016, at 08:49, mark a. foltz <mfoltz@google.com> wrote:
> >
> > Anssi, Community Group participants,
> >
> > I have prepared a pull request with a draft charter for the Second
> Screen Community Group.
> >
> > https://github.com/webscreens/cg-charter/pull/10
> >
> > The PR reflects a starting point for scoping the work on open screen
> protocols that we anticipate will take place in the CG going forward; I
> don't plan on merging it yet.  It reflects Google's position on desirable
> scope and deliverables of the upcoming work in the CG.
> >
> > Along with the draft charter is a list of basic technical requirements
> for the protocols, to help start the protocol development work and evaluate
> alternatives when the time is ready.
> >
> > Anssi, I would like a time slot to present an outline of this proposal
> to the working group during the second day of the face to face meeting and
> host a discussion around it.
>
> Thanks for preparing this input ahead the meeting. Let's discuss this
> proposal on Wednesday (we have some flexibility with respect to preferred
> slots, since this touches them all), see:
>
> https://www.w3.org/wiki/Second_Screen/Meetings/May_2016_F2F#Agenda
>
> Mark - would you like to have a separate open protocol presentation slot
> to complement this? I'm gauging how much time you'd prefer to have. The way
> how I would structure Wednesday is to first introduce the proposals and
> discuss them and then after lunch look at how the discussed proposals might
> map to the future charter(s).

I think a time slot Wednesday AM to introduce the proposal(s) and frame the
discussion around the protocol work would be a good idea.   I would
probably need 15-20 minutes total to outline the key points in the draft.

m.