Re: [presentation-api] Rethinking availability monitoring

On Mon, May 11, 2015 at 2:08 AM, Anssi Kostiainen
<notifications@github.com>
wrote:

> We seem to be in agreement that [1] with some tweaks [2] is a better
> solution than what we currently have in the spec.
>
> @avayvod <https://github.com/avayvod> Could you update your proposal
> baking in feedback by F2F?
>
> @obeletski <https://github.com/obeletski> Is this a functional gap
or a
> quality of implementation issue (performance, power/resource
consumption
> etc.)? If QoI we should get some more implementation feedback to see
> whether an explicit cancel is required.
>
> @mwatson2 <https://github.com/mwatson2> IIUC your proposal is
similar to
> the reader view in e.g. Safari: an icon in chrome is lit when the
web
> content is identified as an article. Also used for discovering RSS
feeds
> back in the days when RSS was a thing. If so, you should redirect
your
> comment to [3].

​No, I was just pointing out what I understand to be the most common
use
case under the "flinging" category: you are viewing content in a web
page
and there is an icon which lights up when there is a device available
which the content can be "flung". The icon light up / dims as the
remote
device(s) comes and goes. cf Cast, AirPlay etc.​

[1]

https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-secondscreen/2015Apr/0079.html

https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-secondscreen/2015May/0005.html

<https://github.com/w3c/presentation-api/issues/81#issuecomment-100826159>