Re: Call for agenda topics for WG F2F meeting 19-20 May 2015 in Berlin

Hi MarkFo, All,

> On 09 Mar 2015, at 22:55, mark a. foltz <mfoltz@google.com> wrote:
>
> I would like to address the following issues in the F2F:
>
> How to filter available screens according to the content being presented
> https://github.com/w3c/presentation-api/issues/9
>
> Refine how to do session teardown/disconnect/closing
> https://github.com/w3c/presentation-api/issues/35
>
> Define user agent context for rendering the presentation
> https://github.com/w3c/presentation-api/issues/14

MarkFo - thanks for the proposals, I tagged them with "F2F":

  https://github.com/w3c/presentation-api/labels/F2F

> I believe having consensus around these issues would help implementers.

Agreed.

We should prioritize issues that help implementers make progress to produce a virtuous circle: we learn from the early implementations, refine the spec based on implementers' feedback, that in turn attracts more implementers, and we'll get more feedback.

> Also I look forward to a discussion on the privacy and security implications of the API.

I think the group should tackle those issues sooner rather than later. For this, we have an issue that was planned for F2F too:

  https://github.com/w3c/presentation-api/issues/45

To help us, we have a set of questions we are able to use to evaluate the spec:

  https://mikewest.github.io/spec-questionnaire/security-privacy/

All - id you'd like to run the spec though the test, feel free to do so and provide your results in the issue. With the current spec we probably are unable to answer all the questions, so partial evaluation is fine.

All - as discussed, the F2F agenda will be built based on everyone's input, instructions:

  https://www.w3.org/wiki/Second_Screen/Meetings/May_2015_F2F#Agenda

To make sure your favourite issue and/or feature is discussed at the F2F, please feel free to chime in.

Thanks,

-Anssi (WG Chair)