Re: Request for a TAG review of the Presentation API

On Tue, Jul 28, 2015 at 7:46 AM, mark a. foltz <mfoltz@google.com> wrote:
> I think if we wanted to leverage this work, we would have to write the spec
> in a way that applied it across the various combinations of raw
> TCP/WebSockets/RTCDataChannel and TLS/DTLS that might be used to establish
> the communication channel.   At the end of the day I don't know it's the job
> of the Presentation API specification to mandate network level protocols at
> that level though.

It definitely needs to be defined. We can't define high-level APIs and
leave all the underpinnings undefined. That results in a platform that
is not interoperable. Given a Google TV and a Mozilla phone, I should
be able to project from the latter on the former. A X phone should be
able to project too, provided X implemented the standard.

"There be dragons" is not acceptable.

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/